Are you inspired to make a difference and intrigued by innovative ways to replace fossil fuels and carbon emissions with squeaky clean renewable energy? Does the idea of being surrounded by an energized team of passionate people committed to the rapid expansion of solar in Vermont and New Hampshire get you jazzed? Solaflect Energy is in an exciting period of rapid growth and may well be where you belong.
Founded over a decade ago, Solaflect designs, manufactures and sells its innovative solar Tracker that follows the sun all day. Why? Simple math – because pointing directly at the sun all day means each solar panel mounted on a Tracker delivers 40% more solar energy than the same panel sitting on a roof. Serving Vermont, New Hampshire, and NW Massachusetts, Solaflect is committed to hiring exceptional, self-motivated team members and providing them with all the tools they need to be successful ambassadors for solar energy and Solaflect.
We are growing our sales team and are excited to find a full or part-time Solar Advisor. Our Solar Advisors are supported by Solar Development Representatives (SDR) who drive new customer lead generation. We work in the established Inbound/Outbound/SDR model, meaning our Solar Advisors are responsible from qualified lead to close, allowing them to focus on what they do best. The Solar Advisor is an inside sales position for candidates who like the challenge of selling an innovative, cutting edge product into the market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Bring passion and great energy to the process of building great customer relationships
- Conduct on-site visits with prospects introduced by an SDR
- Communicate Solaflect’s value proposition to customers based on an understanding of their current and future needs
- Assess solar installation feasibility
- Customize and deliver sales proposals and contracts
- Conduct ongoing prospect outreach via email and phone
- Provide regular sales process updates using Salesforce
What we’ll want you to have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and listening skills
- Comfort presenting and speaking to small groups
- High level of organization, planning and execution
- Self-motivation, ability to work with minimal supervision, and occasional flexibility for evening or weekend events
- No shortage of positive energy and success in customer relationship management
- Proficiency with MS Word/Excel/Powerpoint and Salesforce (or quick study)
- Prior sales experience and understanding of sales methodologies a plus
- College degree, and an interest in renewable energy and sustainability
- Connection in the community a plus
Send your application or any questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, let us know what sales experience you’ve had, as well as experience educating/teaching people about a new concept, and being persuasive.
Job Type: Full-time