Launch your career with Solaflect Energy as an apprentice electrician. Solaflect Energy is a growing solar energy company that is the best backyard solar system available, with a patented dual-axis suspension solar Tracker that powers a home from the yard.
A four-year apprentice program with Solaflect Energy has no cost, and leads to a Journeyman’s Electrician license. Becoming an electrician is a career that cannot be outsourced, and a solar electrician is part of the fast-growing clean energy economy.
An apprentice electrician will work under the supervision of a Master and Journeyman Electrician, will enroll in an online course paid for by Solaflect Energy, and will engage in the installation of Solaflect solar energy systems. Much of the work is outside in exceptionally beautiful settings throughout New England.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Reads, interprets, and executes drawings, schematics, blueprints, and electrical code specifications to install Solaflect Trackers and battery systems
- Tests electrical equipment and parts for continuity, current, voltage, and resistance • Installs, repairs, or replaces solar energy systems, DC motors, ethernet communication systems, fiber optic cables, breaker panels, and battery systems
- Installs repairs, or replaces electrical wiring, junction boxes, conduits, feeders, fiber-optic assemblies, and home and commercial wiring required to install solar energy and/or battery systems
- Installs Solaflect Trackers and foundations
- Corrects connections and wiring on equipment controls wherever incorrect applications may cause harm and dangerous conditions
- Does preventive maintenance and testing of electrical systems
- Conducts preventive and maintenance programs, and also keeps maintenance records • Complies with standards and procedures of industry, Safety Manual, and abides by safety rules.
Requirements – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Needed for the Apprentice Electrician Position
Here are important attributes, including knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position:
- Must have high school diploma; additional coursework advantageous
- Must have demonstrated ability to learn new information and have shown the capability to pass apprentice examinations
- Must possess communication skills, self-supervision, and respect for safety needs
- Must possess team spirit, and be able to work closely with maintenance, production, and engineering, and out of doors services
- Must have utmost respect for our customers and their homes
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly and pleasantly with customers • Must be ready to do overtime work if the need arises
- Must have a versatile work schedule
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and clean driving record
- Must be able to lift solar modules, pull conduit off of reels, and occasionally hand dig (e.g. around bushes next to a house)
- Solaflect is a drug free workplace
Please send your application or any questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org.