Solaflect Energy background
Founded over 15 years ago, Solaflect designs, manufactures and sells the innovative Solar PV Tracker that follows the sun all day and delivers 40% more solar energy per panel than fixed/rooftop solar. We’ve honed our experience and have become an established brand leader in the Upper Valley, and now serve Vermont, New Hampshire, and Western Massachusetts. We have significant expansion opportunities, and we are looking to expand our management team with a Controller to help manage our rapid growth. We’re committed to hiring exceptional, self-motivated team members and providing them with all the tools they need to be successful.
If you’re intrigued by innovative ways to replace fossil fuels with renewable energy, and you want to join an energized team of hard-working, smart and fun people committed to rapidly expanding the adoption of solar, we may just have a role for you.
Controller duties and responsibilities
The following are duties and responsibilities for a Solaflect Controller:
- Assist management with important financial decisions.
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts, and be responsible for necessary financial statements to track and understand the financial state of the business.
- Coordinate with Solaflect team members in preparing financial reports and budgets.
- Monitor financial reports and determine ways to reduce costs and increase profitability.
- Keep up-to-date on the financial markets and competitive landscape to understand how to maximize profits and find new expansion areas.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements and professional standards.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Understand financial risks and provide analysis, reports and recommendations to mitigate these risks.
- Supervise selection and implementation of software tools as warranted.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field.
- Additional education beneficial.
- Proven work experience in accounting or a related field.
- Understanding of applicable laws and regulations.
- Understanding of economic principles, financial markets, and banking.
- Understanding of financial data analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable functions.
- Ability to deliver quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills.
- Proven experience in financial project management.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in Excel.
- Must be able to communicate financial information into sound business language so people of all levels can understand.
- Knowledge of federal regulation on taxes and reporting.
- Deep understanding of finance.
- Experience in high growth private companies.
Salary and benefits are competitive and depend upon the level of experience and education.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com